Monday, February 22, 2010

Recycling Rewards

This coming Wednesday will be the recycling pickup again.  My 95-gallon bin is nearly full already, and I just found out that the last pickup netted me 83 points in the reward program.  According to RecycleBank, I saved nearly a quarter of a tree and about 11 gallons of gasoline.

What intrigued me when I was checking out my rewards was to see the number of places in Helena where I can eventually get a reward when I come to redeem my points.  Please don't consider this list all inclusive and I'm sure it will be changing as new businesses are added, but here is a list of those businesses that I know are in the City of Helena (in bold) or that are nearby:

Barnes & Noble
Bed Bath & Beyond
Best Buy
CVS/Pharmacy
Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden, Longhorn Steaks, Red Lobster)
Dick's Sporting Goods
Frankie's Market and Deli
Gus's Hot Dogs
Helena Fitness
McDonald's
Panera Bread
Rite Aid
Ruby Tuesday
Sam's Club
Staples
The Hair Station
The Home Depot
Wal-Mart

In addition to these businesses where the rewards can be used, there were many more national products like Coca Cola and Purex.

-Brian-

No comments:

Post a Comment